Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coming to and End in Montana


Hello everyone. Hope the summer is going good for yall. I was just thinking about how long I have been home for, I think its been just a little over a week. Already getting the bug to get back on the road and do some racing. I have been training hard since coming back from training camp and have 3 races this weekend. Yesterday I went out with my uncle and reconned the course for this weekends road race. Definitely going to be tough. I have to admit I am more nervous about Saturday's race then I have been about any race all season. The reason being is that it will be my first, only, and last race here in my hometown of Billings. I say that because there is a good possibility I will not be returning home from college during the summers, so wont get a chance to race here.

The race is called the Big Sky State Games, its not a USA Cycling race but its the only race in Billings and so thats why I am doing it. Its only 40 miles but can be a tough 40 due to its open to the wind the whole course. There is a section called Buffalo Trail that is 5 climbs that could be the deciding factor, but it also finished on a climb too, so you never know. I will do the road race, then head off to Bozeman then Hamilton for the Tour of the Bitterroot on Sunday. This race consists of a crit in the morning, which I am totally stoked about, and and tt in the evening. This will be my first true tt on my new tt bike, so it should be good.

The summer is coming down to a close for me in that I will be leaving for Brevard in about a month which I am totally stoked about. I cant wait to get to ride for them. Until then I have only 2 more races in Montana after this weekend. All that remains are the Montana State TT Championships and the Zootown Throwdown Criterium. The last month should be exciting and I hope to win at least one race here before I leave. Anyone who is not doing anything on Saturday morning should come out to watch the road race. It starts at 7a.m. from Laurel High School and ends at the Laurel Saddle Club. My guess is the leaders will be finishing about 8:30 to 8:40a.m. Like I said it will be an exciting finish with the finish line on top of the final climb. Hope to see yall out there.

No comments: