Friday, January 22, 2010

Training Camp Update

Buurrrr!!!! I am here in Bozeman, MT on one of my individual training camps (bootcamps) that I like to do throughout the season. Its time for me to ride by myself and get in long base miles and depending on the time of year and where I go to, decides what I will work on. I came here to Bozeman to work on my climbing and to see my team GAS//Intrinsik one last time before I make my trip to Belgium. I am coming off some intensity training and moving into getting my base miles in mixed with intensity before I leave. Its been a while since I have done base miles and I need to do a lot, as after yesterday of only 4hrs in the saddle, my legs were TIRED!!!! After walking through the door, I got something to eat and I was asleep by 7p.m. and I walked in the door at 6:15!!!!! Feeling a little better this morning after 10+hrs of sleep.

In the next couple days I will be getting my new bike, a Kona. Everything has arrived here at training camp besides the headset so that is messing everything up. I am totally stoked to get a new bike and one that fits me perfectly. I plan on staying in Bozeman through the weekend from which I will return back to Billings to do a photo shoot with Magic City Magazine and a sit down interview with them as well. From there I will have my massage at the end of the week with Lacee Tvetene. Now this has been an amazing addition to my training this year. I have began to get a massage once a week from her which has helped a great deal in my recovery I have noticed. Look her up if you want to start getting massages, she can take care of you. Her business is called Balanced Massage. Great lady.

In the last couple of days some major stress has hit me when I received my final details for racing in Belgium with the Johan Bruyneel Cycling Academy. I was already busy getting my passport put together, getting my UCI license and releases from my cycling teams here in Montana and from USA Cycling when I realized the total amount of my trip was going to be about $6000. This is no easy sum to come up with and so I have began fund raising with sending out letters to people explaining what I'm doing and how to help. Also Allegra Printing had got those wristbands going and they will be arriving next week so if you want one please let me know. They will be $5 and 100% of the proceeds go to the trip. My chriopractor, Dr. Rick Clayton has been kind enough to set up a donation site at his office in Georgia. Thank you!!!! So if your in the area, please stop by and talk with him about it and he can give you the details of what I'm doing as well. Lastly I have made a Pledgie site where you can go and read about what I am about to embark on and make a donation by simply clicking on the "Donate" button and it will go directly to my Pay Pal account which in turn will be used 100% towards my trip. Here is the link. I greatly appreciate any help you can provide me with. Thank you and have a great day. 'Click


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your link the pledgie site doesn't work.

Sassy Rojo said...

Hey Nathan - a few tips for driving donations for tyour trip through social media:

1) Draft a post about WHERE you're going, WHY you need help, WHO your sponsors are, WHAT they're already contributing, and HOW much money you need to raise. Be concise.

2) Tag your posts on Twitter with #bike and #cycling

3) Post the blog link to your Facebook page

4) Feel free to @ me the info: @RedheadWriting and I'll share it with my network :)

5) Make sure your donation site link works!

Hope that helps...

Erika Napoletano
aka @RedheadWriting

Unknown said...

Quick math big guy. If you would have lined up a job when you arrived back in Montana you would have $3000+ to put towards your trip. Maybe if you would show a little initiative then people would be more willing to be charitible towards you. As it stands you act like a spoiled brat that oozes entitlement. How is this sport unlike anyother endeavour that you have undertaken? Your track record shows that as soon as you face real competition you fold. Your failure to stick around long enough to race even once with Brevard is another case in point. You needed $$$ to play golf in HI, you needed $$$ to go to college now you need $$$ to go overseas. You may have your mother buffaloed but no-one else is buying your bullshit.

Nate Weston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate Weston said...

@RedheadWriting thank you very much for the suggestions. I really appreciate the help. I think I got everything that you said to do and it seems to be helping :) Thanks again for your help.

Nate Weston said...

Mom!!!! I told you to stop postin on my stuff lol.