Thursday, June 18, 2009

11 Days of Rest and Mustangs Baseball


I am sitting here watching the College World Series for the fourth night in a row, getting ready for our Billings Mustangs professional baseball player to move in for four months, and going folfing later tonight. This is my 11 days of rest and light riding that I am currently enjoying. My rest will end next Friday when I travel to the Big Horns for training camp, but for now I am very much enjoying my rest. The highlight of my down time will definitely be the next best thing that happens every year next to cycling, Billings Mustangs Baseball. Yea baby!!! The first game is next Tuesday and the team is currently practicing everyday in Billings in preparation. Every year a player comes to live with me for four months so they do not have to stay cooped up in a hotel all season. This is extremely nice for me and the player because I get to hang out with professional athletes and have someone my age in the house, while he doesnt have to be in a cramped hotel room and not have a living space bigger than one room. I am the biggest Mustangs fan, you think not? Well my first game was when I was 3 WEEKS OLD!!! I have been going religously ever since. I will schedule my cycling around their game schedule as much as I can and I house Mustangs players every year. I attend every game I can possibly make, hang out with the team before and after games. Go to watch practice before the season starts, get to the games early and watch infield and batting practice, stay after the game and take my player home where you can usually find my car at any fast food place that is open at midnight getting him food (where they usually order the whole menue). If your a bigger fan than me, PROVE IT!

No comments: