Monday, September 7, 2009

Transition is OVER!!!


I have survived my transition period of non structured riding. It was by far the hardest part of the season, to eat differently due to not needing so many calories, finding things to do instead of ride. I did go mtn biking on Saturday and overall it was pretty fun. I only took one fall, but it cost me. I was suppose to do a 6hr group ride the following day but I woke up and I could hardly move my wrist. I went to the trainer and apparently I tore some muscles in my wrist and they said to take another 2 weeks off the bike. Well I said screw that after 10 days of non structured riding, I am not about to take two more weeks off. So needless to say I have started my training program for the 2010 Collegiate Road season. Today I did 3.5hrs through both North and South Carolina. The wrist hurt, but I gave my legs a good workout which felt amazing. So the road to the 2010 Collegiate National Championships begins now.....

P.S. The picture is of me dropping off a rope swing into a lake 15ft below me. Sooooo scary but fun!

2 comments:

The Hoo said...

yeesh why are you so hardcore

Nate Weston said...

Cycling is my main goal, dream, life!!! The only way to achieve my dream is to go 100% and hold nothing back.