Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update

Well lately has not been a good time for my health. I have been battling tendonitis in my left knee and has just seemed to get worse as time goes on instead of better. It has gotten to the point where I cant ride much longer than an hour. I have been getting 2-3 stem (electrostimulation) sessions a day with ice and stretching, nothing has seemed to work. I will be getting new pedals so I hope that that may make a difference due to finding out that my left Speedplay pedal was broken. Going into next week I will also have had a rest period of 4 days off the bike, not by choice though. So yall have heard of this H1N1 virus (Swine Flu) well guess what, I got it. It came on gradual at first then hit me like a wall. I have never been so beat up in my life from a health perspective. I have had everything from throwing up, high fever, shivers, and aches. Its basically been the flu times 10. I have been quarentined to my dorm room. I have to have people go get my food and everything and leave it at my door, pretty extreme right? They were going to send me home until I told them I live in MONTANA!!! They decided it was a bit much to send me home lol. Today I feel much better after a night from hell last night. My fever has now broke and if I keep it off for 24hrs I get to go to class on Monday and start riding again on Tuesday, thank god. I just hope my knee is up for the task. Nothing is more frustrating than being ready mentally to start my training and have to miss it due to health problems.

On the school side of things, it has been extremely busy with tests, exams, studying, the list goes on and on. The good news is my grades are ok, getting A's, B's and C's, need to get those C's and B's up to A's, then I should be good. I did get the highest grade on my Exercise Science Exam on Thursday than anyone in my class, and it wasnt that good of a grade either. Only an 87%. I know I was dissapointed thinking I would for sure pull of an A, that will change next time.

I will be coming home for Christmas after all. I will only be home for 7 days but its better than nothing. I am looking forward to seeing my family, teamates, and to get some good riding in in the cold altitude. Miss that altitude for sure. Seems like its always raining down here. I cant remember the last ride I went on that it didn't rain. My team has been doing outstanding the past couple of weekends tearing it up at the ETSU race and the Lees McRae race. They are currently racing at the Appalachian State race in Banner Elk, NC and early reports have my teamate and reigning collegiate national champ Tristan Cowie winning the XC race for the second weekend in a row. Pretty amazing this kid is. Definitely a privilage to ride on the same team as him and for him to share his knowledge with me. I went on a mtn bike ride with him a couple weekends ago and it was scary how fast this kid is on a mtn bike. Blew me away for sure. But I will update within the next week after I get back to my training.
LIVESTRONG

No comments: