Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brevard Cycling Team SECCC Champs

This weekend I went and helped the team as they won the SECCC conference championships. Further more, we got the team bid for the national championships in Tahoe, CA. This means we will be taking 8 guys and 4 girls. Its a very excited time here as the team is trying to better their performance from last years 4th place at nationals.



Besides that, today I went and rode with the womens collegiate omnium and dual slalom national champion Joh Tuttle on a two hour road ride. It was quite an experience to ride with her and talk about her national championship experience and how she wants more next week in Tahoe. Also this past weekend I met Ally Stacher who is on team USA womens cycling team and is a professional cyclist for Webcore. She has raced in all the spring classics in Europe and even the womens Tour de France and took 20th overal, amazing!!! She is also a U.S. National Champions as well. This was also quite an experience to get to meet her and talk with her about my dream of becoming a professional cyclist. We also talked about training and how to improve my personal training and she even said she would help me out with my cycling resume and if I ever have and training questions as well. So basically the past 3 or 4 days I have been overwhelmed by riding with reigning national champions and pro cyclists. What a way to spend the weekend.

No comments: