Sunday, November 1, 2009

THANK YOU!


Well this week has been extremely exciting as I have learned that I have been selected to race for the Johan Bruyneel Cycling Academy in 2010. I got the email confirming this yesterday morning from the team director Bernard. I have yet to get the full details on when I will be leaving and how long I will be there for but none the less I will be racing in Belgium for an extremely talented and well drilled team. I will post more details as soon as I know more. I will be on the same team as riders like the national road and time trial champions of Finland. This is a purely international team, not an American team. I will be one of a few Americans on the team but joining riders from Belgium, Finland, France, ect. I cant explain how excited I am that I have got this opportunity but I would not be in this situation without the help of a few people I want to thank;

Fist and foremost my uncle Jerry who got me into cycling in the first place and acted as my primary sponsor, mechanic, training partner, and best friend since the beginning. He has lent me wheels, bikes, parts, money, clothing, ect. over the years and has always been there supporting me through the lows and the highs of my cycling career. I will never be able to repay him for everything that he has done for me but I hope make him proud more than anything.

Next is my mom and who has been there from the start, paying for my trips to races and gas money to get everywhere. She has been there with my uncle from the beginning and continues to make sure that I get to experience such things as this so I get every chance at achieving my dream.

I would also like to thank Dean Hatch, the Montana Junior Cycling Foundation, and Hammer Nutrition for taking me onto the team in 2008 and putting up with me the past two seasons and providing full support (paid entree fees, hotels, equiptment, supplements, ect) so that all I had to do was focus on racing. Without them I would not be able to have experienced the races I have gone to and get the results I have due to their generosity and determination to put Montana cycling on the map. They have provided me with the exposure to bigger races and are also a key part in helping me get a cycling scholorship at Brevard College.

I would like to thank Team GAS/Intrinsik for the amazing summer of racing I had this season and allowing me to race and train with the strongest guys in Montana. They provided me with food, housing, racing, jerseys, travel, and most of all friendship. I learned a lot from them this season and the dedication it takes to become good let alone great at something. These guys and girls who race for Team GAS/Intrinsik and Team Delphine are amazing people and extremely dedicated to the sport of cycling. I have made friendships here that I will have for the rest of my life. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Lastly I would like to thank Coach Walker for coaching me the past season at no expense to me and for the guidance and for having me come to Brevard College on a cycling scholorship. I love it here and am very grateful for what you have done for me. Joe Keener for providing me with guidance spiritually and as a friend. He provided me with a place to train all winter free of charge from the goodness of his heart, with top of the line equipment so that I would be prepared for the upcoming season. I would not have done as well as I had without a place to train for 5-6 hours inside when there was 3 feet of snow outside and -40 degrees. And Gavin Frost for the great friendship and nutritional advice that allowed me to lose the proper amount of weight to compete at the highest level possible for me this past season.

Without anyone of these people, I would not be where I am today and I would like to give out one last big THANK YOU!!! I will continue to train hard and perform to the best of my ability so your help will not be wasted and forgotten. I hope to make everyone proud whether its racing in Europe or in the U.S. This is for you :)



Website: http://www.cyclingcenter.com/abc_riders.asp

No comments: