Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas with Dr. Clayton and Family

I am in North Georgia currently with my new chiropractor, Dr. Clayton and his family. It started off when I was on a training ride in Atlanta, GA on Wednesday and I was hit by a car from behind. The driver drove off and left me in the ditch with a messed up back and unconsious. I spent the following days in the hospital where I was diagnosed with a compressed disc and my fifth concussion. The nuerologist advised me to stop racing due to the amount of damage done to my brain with the number of concussions I have sustained. But anyone who knows me knows that I would rather die doing something I love than to get messed up just doing ordinary day to day type stuff. So I am on five days of rest until I can begin training again.

This is where Dr. Clayton came in and I had only known him through twitter when he offered to give me and adjustment to help with recovery from the crash. Things led to another and he offered for me to come to his family Christmas get together for the weekend. It has been an amazing experience from getting my first adjustment done to meeting his family and having a great weekend. Great people here and some great new friends made. So I now have a new chiropractor and a PR manager in his wife, Carla Clayton. One of the things we created was a fan page for my brand management through Facebook. So please check it out when you get a chance. Click here to check it out:

I am heading to go pick up my best friend Greg from the Atlanta airport and we will start our drive back to Montana on Tuesday, arriving on Christmas Eve. Hope to see yall back in MT soon!

No comments: