Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Atlanta, St. Louis, Sioux Falls

I'm sitting here in my dorm room writing this blog for the last time as I will be moving out of here in just a couple days. I am so ready to leave and get home to continue my training and see my family. Thanks to one of my coaches, Joe Keener, I will once again be working out with him everyday all winter long, except this time it will be much much more intense. As of right now we have designed a schedule that will last 8hrs everyday starting at 3a.m. and finishing around 11a.m.

Here is a basic schedule as of now:
3 - 5:30a.m. Gym
5:30 - 7 a.m. Meetings and or Ride
7 - 11a.m. Ride
11 - 11:30a.m. Meetings
11:30 - 12:30 Lunch
1 - 3p.m. Meetings

So thats a basic schedule of what I will be doing everyday for training. Thanks to Joe, I will have access to some of the top notch equipment in cycling. Also thanks to Billings Clinic, The Sports Plex, and Renee Soberjing, I will be getting my LT tested after the first of the year which should give us a basic idea of where my fitness is. I will test once more right before leaving for Belgium, once I get there, and once I come back. We will be able to use these markers for this years training and for future years training to gauge my fitness. I cant tell you how excited I am to have these tools at my disposal to make me a better rider and to help prepare for Belgium.

Until then my travel plans are hectic the next couple of weeks. On Tuesday I leave for Dalton, GA to ride with Saul Raisin, an amazing cyclist and amazing person. If you dont know his story, look it up or read his book, Tour de Cure. It is a mind blowing book and will inspire anyone. I will be in Dalton, GA until Wednesday evening where I will then travel to Atlanta, GA to stay with my friend Elise and train in the warm weather before I get to experience the cold MT weather. My best friend Greg will then fly into Atlanta on Sunday and we will stay to watch the Atlanta Thrashers hockey game on Monday then leave on Tuesday for St. Louis. There I will get a tiny bit of last warm weather training in before leaving for Sioux Falls, SD on Wednesday. I will be there for a just over 15hrs before heading to BMT and arriving there on Christmas Eve. So like I said, very hectic travel schedule ahead of me but I'm looking forward to it. I will give an update when I'm back in MT post Christmas so until then I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and I will talk to you soon.

No comments: