Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Announcment

Ok so this is the big announcement!!

After talking with friends, family, and coaches, I have decided that I will be leaving Brevard College after the fall semester ends in two weeks to move back to Montana to train to prepare for my trip to Belgium. As I have said in a recent post, I have been selected to ride in Belgium for the Johan Bruyneel Cycling Academy. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I see it as that (not a risk) and I will be taking full advantage of it. I believe to be fully prepared I must dedicate the remaining time I have before I leave to training. This will be best utilized by me moving back to Montana where I will live with my mom and work one on one with one of my advisors, Joe Keener, and nutritional advice from Gavin Frost. I will be working as well with my team coach here at Brevard, Thad Walker. I believe with the support of my family, friends, and coaches I will be as prepared as I can be for Belgium. I want to send a big thank you out to the Brevard College Cycling Team for accepting me and allowing me to be part of the team. I also want to thank coach Thad Walker for believing in me to bring me here to ride. I understand that this is not in the best interest of the Brevard Cycling Team and I apologize for any inconvenience this brings the team, but I need to do whats best for me and seize this opportunity. However, I have talked with coach Thad Walker and I am tentatively planning on returning to Brevard next fall semester to continue my education here and to race for Brevard once again. I also want to thank Wes Dickson and Sycamore Cycles for all they have done for me from tuning up my bike when needed to providing an outlet for me to purchase top of the line equipment.

I will continue to keep everyone updated throughout the training in the coming months and from Belgium. You can check out the main site for my team at: http://www.cyclingcenter.com/

Thank you once again Brevard.

No comments: